This post was updated on 18 October 2022.
Welcome to TIB!
The TIB – Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology and University Library provides you literature throughout your studies and is also an important learning space (not only) for students of Leibniz University Hannover (LUH). In this blog article we give you a brief overview of the most important information for the start of the new semester.
Sites, opening hours and workstations
There are several library sites on the campus of Leibniz University:
- TIB Science/Technology and Patents and Standards Reading Room (Welfengarten 1B).
- TIB Conti-Campus for Educational Science, Literature and Linguistics, Law, Economics (Königsworther Platz 1B)
- TIB Social Sciences (Welfengarten 2C)
- TIB History/Religious Studies (Im Moore 21)
For these four sites we offer an occupancy information. It shows you the current occupancy of the available workstations.
The library card
In order to use the TIB collections, you need a library card. This is free of charge for LUH students and is already integrated in your Leibniz Card. You only need to activate it. Simply fill out the online form “Apply here for a library card” and visit one of our lending desks. Please bring a valid identity card or passport including a certificate of registration.
- borrow, reserve and order books
- access and download licensed online media
- search in specialist databases
- use the lockers
- use other libraries in Hannover that belong to the Hannover Online Library System HOBSY
Do you already have a library card from another library in Hannover? No problem! You can keep your card or transfer the data to your Leibniz Card.
Need more help?
If you have already activated your Leibniz Card, but are still not sure how to start researching or where to find the books you need, you can contact the Information staff.
We are also available by mail or phone:
Phone: 0511 762-2268
Feel free to visit our webinar “New at the library? Webinar for first-year students and new users of the library”, in which we give you an overview of the library.
We wish you a successful start to your studies and are happy to support you if you have any questions!
Our TIBTutorial also summarizes all the tips for first-year students (in German only):