Last week, around 5,000 first-year students commenced a bachelor’s degree programme or a state examination course at Leibniz Universität Hannover (LUH). They will all receive the new LeibnizCard, an electronic student ID card. It is replacing all the smartcards and paper IDs that are currently in use. It will combine in one card all the essential functions that you need in everyday life at university:
- Student ID
- Semester ticket
- Library Card (TIB/HOBSY)
- CampusCard for University Sports
- Payment function Hannover Student Services (MensaCard)
- Payment function for University Sports ans university services
- Electronic key for lockers (TIB, University Sports Centre)
After receiving your LeibnizCard, you must validate it at one of the designated terminals in the LUH. From then on, you can already use many functions of the LeibnizCard. The video „Eine für Alles“ presents the various functions of the new LeibnizCard (german only).
Registration at the library
The LeibnizCard also serves as a library card. You can use it at any of our five sites to gain access to a total of nine million media items, which you may use or borrow. Before using the library’s services for the first time, you have to register as a user and activate your LeibnizCard on site.
Step 1: Register
Please enter your data in the registration system in the TIB Portal.
Step 2: Activation of the LeibnizCard
In order to do this, take your identity card or a passport with a certificate of registration from the regulatory agency to the Circulation Desk at one of the library sites. Your LeibnizCard will be activated free of charge for all library services.
After activation, with your LeibnizCard you can without any further waiting time:
- borrow, order or reserve items,
- gain online access to media available electronically,
- operate the cloakroom compartments and 24-hour lockers (this function must once be activated at a terminal in the library).
To be able to use devices for printing, copying and scanning at all library sites, you need a cashless CopyCard in addition to the LeibnizCard. This CopyCard can be purchased at all sites at a vending machine (5 euros incl. 1.50 euros credit). At this machine you can also top up your credit.
You already have a library card?
There are certainly some students who have already used a TIB library card or a HOBSY library card before and who are already familiar with our services. In this case, you can decide for yourself which cards you would like to use in the future:
- Keep your TIB library card and use it as usual
Included are the cloakroom function as well as the use of printing and copying devices via chip. You will then need your LeibnizCard separately for the LUH Services.
- Activate LeibnizCard as library card and additionally purchase a CopyCard for the use of the printing and copying devices
The TIB will dispose your current TIB library card in accordance to the data protection regulations.
And of course all staff at the TIB’s Information and Circulation Desks are looking forward to answering all your questions!
Neueste Artikel von Ulrike Erdmann (alle ansehen)
- New to the library and no card yet? - 17. Oktober 2018
- Neu an der Uni und Ausweis gewünscht? - 17. Oktober 2018
- FAQ zu Einschränkungen des Bibliothekssystems und der Services ab dem 19. August 2016 - 10. August 2016
- Neue Garderobenanlage am Standort Königsworther Platz - 3. Dezember 2012