Leibniz-DAAD fellowships offer highly-qualified, international postdoctoral researchers the opportunity to conduct research at a Leibniz Institute of their choice in Germany (German researchers are not allowed to apply). The candidate should have completed his/her doctoral studies recently. Such a fellowship allows post-doctoral researchers to pursue a project for which the respective Leibniz Institute can offer an adequate infrastructure and scientific environment.
At TIB, this is the case for topics stemming from the research areas of visual analytics, multimedia information retrieval, machine/deep learning, data science, open science, and related fields. For instance, possible project topics include:
- Interrelations of visual and textual information
- Search as learning, in particular, using multimodal information sources
- Multimodal search in libraries and web archives
- Intelligent exploration/representation/visualization of large media collections
- Recommender systems for scientific publications (papers, videos, research data, etc.)
- Deep learning for automatic annotation of media data (images, videos, 3D, etc.)
- Usability aspects of search in large media collections
- Visualization and visual storytelling in research information systems (e.g., VIVO)
- Author disambiguation and persistent identifiers in research information systems (e.g., utilizing ORCID and DOI)
- Content mining and content curation in the context of Wikimedia Commons and Wikidata
- Collaborative development of Open Science training material
- Decentralized protocols and apps (e.g., blockchain) in research and publishing
Further information (terms of fellowship etc.) regarding DAAD Leibniz fellowship can be found here.
Deadline for applications: 9th of March 2017.
In case you have any further questions regarding the fellowship, please contact:
Prof. Dr. Ralph Ewerth
Research Group Visual Analytics